Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil Review
I recently started using this Josie Maran Argan Oil and I must admit, I am obsessed.
I love everything about her Argan Oil. It is better than any moroccan oil I have used. It works so quickly that I noticed a difference in the softness of my hair almost immediately.
Keep reading to learn more about the benefits I have discovered after going through a full bottle of her 100% pure Argan Oil.
About the brand: Who is Josie Maran
Josie Maran went from modeling to having a reputation for making extremely popular skincare. From the oil to the makeup, her products are known for having Argan oil in all of them.
What I liked:
- My hair was softer and had fewer knots within a few days of using it.
- I noticed a major difference in the appearance of my hair.
- It REALLY helped me fight off the environmental issues that have affected it.
- She offers a travel size that lasted me forever! It is the best option to start with if you aren’t sure you want to pay almost $50 for Argan Oil. Buy the mini travel version here.
- Maybe this is not completely about the product but I love Maran’s recycle policy. You can send in your Josie Maran empties to Terrecycle for free. They then upcycle them into new items so there is almost zero waste. Learn more on her site.
What I don’t like:
- One of the biggest cons for me is for sure the cost. It is expensive! But the good thing is that a little goes a long way! Just to give you an idea, my hair is almost down to my butt in length and I only need to use a few drops.
- I do wish her products were available more places.
Note – Also, as this specific oil is actually 100 (percent) Argan oil – there is isn’t any type of certification or verification. And other products she sells aren’t completely pure, they come with some pretty poor EWG ratings.
How to Use the Josie Maran Argan Oil?
Use it as a moisturizer for your skin, cuticle oil, lip balm, eye treatment, and hair serum. It’s filled with Omega 3, 6, and 9. It’s actually nature’s richest source of all three of these essential fatty acids. This awesome trio is actually known to boost the appearance of skin elasticity and firmness.
As for me, I just dab a few drops onto the palm of my hand, rub my hands together to spread it out and massage it into the ends of my hair.
Sometimes I will go up further – even to my scalp if my hair is especially dry. (Can you believe I can rub oil throughout my hair and into my scalp and my hair doesn’t even get greasy?!)
- Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil* *ORGANIC
That’s IT guys. How great is that? Simple and pure.
Where can You buy Josie Maran Argan Oil?
I really like to purchase Maran’s products at Sephora, they always carry the majority of her collection and you can sample anything you’d like for free.
A few other stores I’d recommend are – Dermstore (They are always running major sales!), QVC, and of course her own website. She believes in transparency and demands equal rights of her employees and sourcing.
A Budget Friendly Option – All Natural
Mini Size: Here’s a less expensive option if you’re just wanting to test it out at $17.
Or a different option – this one by Shea Moisture comes in at $9.99 and is one of my favorite all natural beauty brands.
Have you tried the Josie Maran Argan Oil? How did you like it?