The Ultimate Carry-on Packing List to Make Your Flight More Enjoyable
As someone who has accrued my fair share of air miles (in the last three months alone I’ve flown the equivalent of a lap around the equator) I’ve learned what in flight essentials are necessary to keep me from going crazy.
A long haul flight can be brutal, and can seriously make you so bored and tired that you can’t even enjoy the destination when you get there.
By appropriately packing a carry-on bag with your long haul flight essentials you can make flying a breeze, or even enjoyable.
The big secret is NOT just to fly on first-class on the fanciest airline (though of course that can help – read here to learn more). I’ve flown on the best and worst airlines, but with careful packing any of them can be made significantly better.
So what do you pack in a carry-on bag for the plane? Read on…
- Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Travel Pillow
- Oversized cardigan or Sweatshirt– I always pack a cardigan or a pullover hoodie on flights. They are perfect because they are less bulky than a coat and they work with just about any outfit. They can also double as a blanket or a pillow if you don’t have a travel pillow.
- Book(s)- Reading this, this book. Love them both.
Best Travel Clothes for Long Flights
Tip for long haul flight outfits – If you aren’t a huge fan of yoga pants I recommend these lightweight, fleecy joggers with a wide drawstring waistband. They are the kind of pants you never want to take off. Super comfortable for flying. Here is the sweatshirt to go with it!
- Compression Stockings – You will definitely want a pair of these if you are looking for some long haul flight essentials. My husband just got back from a trip to Toyko where he did not where compression stockings and slept 10 hours straight. Let’s just say his legs were more than a “little” swollen when he got home.
- Fuzzy Socks (The best flight socks) – Also my daily staple.
- Dr. Jart+ – Water Replenishment Cotton Sheet Mask – My skin got so dry after moving to Las Vegas. When I travel it gets even worse. Any kind of face mask feels like pure heaven when you are traveling and tired.
- Detox Dry Shampoo – This can really come in handy when you are flying overnight and land in the morning and then go all day. We do that on just about every international trip we have taken. Thank goodness for a good dry shampoo.
The Best Carry-on Luggage for Traveling Light
Osprey Carry On Luggage – Roller Bag and backpack
- Luggage – This Osprey carry-on roller bag & backpack literally has it all! My favorite part is that it has a backpack that you can detach once you get on the plane, allowing you to basically pack an extra “personal item” to store under your seat (which I clearly need since I bring 3 books and a 40 ounce water bottle with me on a 2.5 hour flight, haha). It was one of those things that you didn’t know you needed, until you have it. It’s expensive, but it is really worth it if you do a decent amount of traveling.
- Camera bag as my official personal item.
So now over to you. What are your airplane essentials you can’t travel without?
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to share it and check out some more of our best travel tip here.
NEVER MISS ANOTHER POST
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.