What to Wear in Vancouver in October
What to pack for Vancouver
This past weekend my husband Calvin and I took a trip up to Vancouver. Vancouver is one of those cities where your face is pretty much glued to the window the whole time; the views are incredible!
The weather there is pretty mild most of the year, but it still can get quite cold in the winter. We were there in September and October and it was in the 60’s and sunny…much warmer than we were expecting! All we needed was a light sweater or jacket, but I would definitely bring a waterproof jacket in case it rains.
Note – For a more in-depth guide on what to see in Vancouver you can check out this post here.
Vancouver Packing List:
Travel Toiletries List: Personal Items I packed
- Dry Shampoo (always)
- Plumbing Powder (I was amazed at how well this works)
- Body Oil – Grapeseed Oil is the one I use. (I prefer it over regular lotion)
- Travel containers for liquids
- Shampoo + Conditioner
- Body + Face Soap
Makeup I brought:
- Eyelash Curler
- Sunscreen (Love this sunscreen! I use it for my face and body.)
- Bite Beauty Multi Sticks (My new obsession! They can go on your lips, eyes, and cheeks, so it is perfect for travel because it replaces the need for eyeshadow, lipstick and blush!)
- Hula Bronzer
- Jeans – Surprisingly Rue 21! They have some great jeans that even at full price are only $30! You can’t beat that. The sizing is a little weird, but for the price it is worth it. I got these ones sale.
- Leather Jacket – Nordstrom
- Nike Shoes (so comfortable)
- Shirt – Jcrew
- Belt – Asos
Carry-on Packing List: Airplane Essentials
- Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Travel Pillow
- Book(s)- Reading this, this book. SO GOOD!
- Oversized Cardigan – I also packed a cardigan. They are perfect to wear on flights because they are less bulky than a coat and they work with just about any outfit.
- Boyfriend jeans (I always wear these on flights because they are very loose fitting and comfortable.)
- Luggage – This carry-on bag is amazing! My mom bought it for us for Christmas last year and we have gotten so much use out of it. It’s expensive, but it is really worth it if you do a decent amount of traveling. My favorite part is that it has a backpack that you can detach once you get on the plane, allowing you to basically pack an extra “personal item” to store under your seat (which I clearly need since I bring 3 books and a 40 ounce water bottle with me on a 2.5 hour flight, haha).
- Camera bag as my official personal item.
- Ear Plugs
You may also be interested in…10 Cool Things to do in Vancouver
Other Items I recommend:
- Waterproof Jacket
- Dry Bag – These are a life saver and alleviate so much stress about whether the rain will soak through your bag and ruin electronics.
- Packing cubes
- Waterproof Phone Case
- Camera – We have the Fujifilm X-T1 and we love it.
- Lens – 50 mm & 18-55 mm
- Travel Tripod – Cell phone adapter for the tripod.
- Workout clothes
NEVER MISS ANOTHER POST
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.